How To Bring More Joy into Your Life
Do you feel like all you do is prepare for future joyful times?
Perhaps you hear sayings like "live each day as if it were your last" but you have trouble truly taking it to heart.
Experiencing joyful times can take some extra effort on your part. The truth is, it's a choice. We live in busier and busier times and must remember to schedule time to slow down and enjoy life in the present.
Everyone has a unique definition of what joy means to them. Even on your busiest of days, you should strive to pause and remember what is important in your life, then live your life according to your own priorities.
The Joy Of Everyday Things
We have the ability to find joy right here in the lives we lead now. While it's fun to go out experiencing new and exciting things, it's always best to start where we are. There are things to appreciate and opportunities for joy in everyday situations.
Consider these things on your quest for joy and fulfilment:
1. Spend quality time with family. While it's always a good idea to have meal times together, you can find much joy in just spending some quality time with your loved ones at home. Some people might enjoy family game night, while others might prefer to talk and share what's happening in their life.
2. Relax with an activity you enjoy. Do you skip out on yourself in a quest to do one more chore before bed? Choose your own relaxing activity and make it a priority. Play a computer game, read a book, or take a bath.
3. Grab some fresh air. Nothing brings you into the moment like some fresh air and nature. In nature, you can escape your inner world for a few moments and realize that you're a small part of something large and great. Allow feelings of well-being and joy to wash over you and cleanse your soul.
4. Make an effort to be stress-free. The biggest threats to a joyful life are the stresses and anxiety that arise in day-to-day life. Don't allow these feelings to build up or they can take away from your opportunities for joy. Deal with stressful situations as they come up so that they don't turn into long-term stressful scenarios.
Trying New Activities
Once you've mastered the art of finding joy around you in your everyday life, it's time to see how you can add to it by trying new activities. You don't need to make major changes, but trying new things and escaping your comfort zone from time to time can refresh and rejuvenate you.
Here are some tips for trying new activities:
1. Start with your hometown. Look at the different opportunities for fun around where you live. Chances are there are places that you've always been meaning to try out but haven't yet.
2. If you're an adventurous person, seek a new activity every now and then that excites you. You could try rock climbing, horseback riding, canoeing, or even travelling to new and exciting destinations.
3. If you have a family, look for new family-friendly opportunities. You can even set a date to do activities together with your neighbours or other close families.
There are endless possibilities when it comes to opening yourself up to new opportunities. Stay creative and brainstorm a large list. Then start enjoying them all, even if it's only one at a time.
ON MAY 1st I’M LAUNCHING A NEW FREE MONTHLY NEWSLETTER :
BE HAPPY DO HAPPY
Subscribe Here : www.dralanjones.com
Clear Mind is a reader-supported publication. To receive new posts and support my work, consider becoming a free subscriber.